BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SOTIRIS MOUSOURIS, PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD, A.D.G.I -INERPOST
- Sotiris Mousouris is the President of the Board of A.D.G.I-Inerpost, President of the Greek-African Chamber of Commerce and Secretary-General of the Marangopoulos Foundation on Human Rights. He has studied Law & Political Science at the University of Athens.
- A Fulbright scholar, he continued his studies with a Masters in Economics from Boston University and a PhD in Business Administration from Harvard Business School.
- From 1981-1982 he was Deputy Director of the Hellenic Industrial Development Bank (ETBA) and member of the Board of the European Investment Bank
- He has a long service in the United Nations. From 1966-1981 he served as Economic Affairs Officer at the Centre for Development Planning, Projections and Policies, Department of Economic and Social Affairs in New York and Deputy Director in the Centre of multinational companies (1975-1981). He was appointed twice Assistant Secretary General in 1982 by Secretary General Perez deCuellar and in 1992 by Boutros Ghali
- From 1983-1986 he worked as Director of the Department of Secretariat Services for Economic and Social Matters (ECOSOC), Director of Department of Secretariat Services for Economic and Social Matters, in charge of ECOSOC and International Conferences. He was Director of the Centre against Apartheid (1987-91)
- In 1992, he was Deputy Head of the Department of Political Affairs, in charge of Europe, North and South America and East Asia as well as responsible for the operation of the General Assembly. He was Personal Representative of the Secretary-General for Afghanistan and Pakistan and Coordinator of Humanitarian Assistance to Afghanistan. He resigned in 1995 and returned to Greece.
- He was President of the Organization for the Construction of the New Museum of Acropolis, Athens, (1995-2000) as well as Member of the Board of Governors of the Open University of Greece (1997-2004)
- He was Special Envoy ad hoc (non-paid) of the two Foreign Ministers of Greece, Th. Pagkalos and G. Papandreou. Vice President of the Marangopoulos Foundation on Human Rights (1996 to date)
- He is currently Governor/Member of the Board of the Asian-Europe Foundation (1997 to date)
- He is the writer of the book “Afghanistan…and suddenly the Taliban” (2019, Sideri edition). He has published numerous articles and has contributed chapters in several books (Τhe Product Life Cycle and International Trade , Code of Conduct on Transnational Corporations, The defeat of winners, The United States and the new international challenges etc) and he has given numerous lectures, interviews and has participated in various seminars in the US, Greece, Africa and in Europe.
- He is Honorable Doctor of the Law Faculty of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2009) and the Social Sciences Faculty of the University of Peloponnese (2013). He was honored by the President of South Africa with the Grand Companion Oliver Tambo-silver medal (2006) for his contribution to the abolishment of Apartheid and the development of the African continent.